|File extension||File extension||.tiff, .tif|
|Internet media type||application/pdf||Internet media type||image/tiff
|File format name||Portable Document Format||File format name||Tag Image File Format|
|Associated programs||Adobe Viewer, Ghostscript, Ghostview, Xpdf, gPDF, Acrobat Reader||Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, Apple Preview, Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery Viewer|
|Developed by||ISO||Developed by||Aldus, now Adobe Systems|
|Initial Release||15 June 1993||Initial Release||1986|
How to convert PDF to fax online
- Open altopdftofax.com in your preferred browser.
- Hit the Choose File button and upload a file from your device.
- If you want to import files from cloud services, click the appropriate icons.
- When your file is uploaded, select Convert Now!
- Click Download Now to save the document to your device or export it to the cloud.
- If you want to continue working on your file, select additional options like Save Document As or Edit PDF.
The Supreme Features Comparison Chart
If you’re looking for a free solution there aren’t so many options out there. And if you want it to be a quality solution it’s even harder to find. We went ahead and did the legwork for you and created this comparison chart. Compare our service with our competitors and see why thousands of daily users choose us to convert PDF to fax.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
How to convert PDF to Fax
How to convert PDF to fax online
Converting a PDF to fax online is one of the fastest and easiest ways to get it done because working on mobile gives you the mobility to work on the go, so long as you have a stable internet connection. When you choose AltoPDFtoFax you don't need to install any additional software. It’s a powerful online converter and works great on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and even Linux.
Check your internet connection and follow the instructions below to convert PDF to fax for free:
- Go to altopdftofax.com.
- Click Choose File and select a document from your device or drag and drop one into the highlighted area.
- When you see that the upload is complete, click Convert Now!
- Wait for a few seconds. Then click the Download Now button and save the document to your device.
AltoPDFtoFax is totally free and allows you to perform an unlimited number of conversions. You don't even need to sign up or leave us any of your personal info. To elaborate, free doesn't mean bad. We guarantee you a high-quality conversion every time. We use the latest encryption methods and private servers to make sure that no one has an opportunity to steal your data while it’s in our hands. Convert PDF to fax for free on your computer, laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
How to convert PDF to fax in Chrome
Google Chrome allows you to add various extensions that are meant to improve how you work in your browser. There are hundreds of add-ons from many different developers ranging from categories for search tools, productivity, blogging, accessibility, and more. Alto is no exception. We have powerful add-ons for helping you manage your PDFs more conveniently. For example, to convert PDF to fax in Chrome without going to any websites, add the AltoPDFtoFax extension to your browser and follow the instruction below:
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and type 'Alto PDF to fax' in the Search field.
- When you find the extension, click Add to Chrome. Its icon will appear on the right side of the address bar.
- Click the icon to open a pop-up window. Hit the Choose File button to upload your document.
- When it’s uploaded, select Convert Now!
- Once the convention is over, download your new document.
While the conversion is taking place, don't close the pop-up window or click Close. If you do, your conversion will fail, and the uploaded file will be deleted from our servers. In the event that you do close the window, you’ll have to start the process again. Our users find that function the most useful. Us clearing our servers of your information every time is a great way to preserve document integrity and security. Deleting files is not the only form of security we offer. Every upload is backed by industry-leading compliance in data protection.
How to convert PDF to fax in Windows
Windows users get access to default software that allows them to send PDF files to fax machines. Complete the action using Windows Fax. Just keep in mind that Windows Fax is only good for those who are sending text documents. If your file includes combinations of texts, images, graphics, etc., it's better to convert your PDF to fax. In Windows, you can do it right from your browser:
- Go to altopdftofax.com.
- Click Choose File and select the document you need to convert on your device or import it from the cloud.
- Hit the Convert Now button.
- Wait for the progress bar to fill and then download your document.
- If you want to browse additional features and do more to your file, try pdfFiller by clicking on Save Document As.
If preserving your files’ quality is important for you, Alto is the best choice. Windows’s default software will automatically compress your documents leading to distortion and low quality.
To avoid mistakes and unnecessary re-sending, always change the format of your PDF. With AltoPDFtoFax, this process is fast and effortless. It’s also free so you can use it any number of times without registering e-mails or adding credit cards.
How to convert PDF to fax on Mac
Mac users can send PDF to tax using default software, but there is a high risk of running into problems with its layout and quality. It works pretty well when you need to send texts, but when it comes to sending graphics, images, or designed documents, you should use a professional converter.
An internet connection is all you need to convert PDF files on Mac:
- Open Safari or any other browser and go to altopdftofax.com.
- Select Choose File to find and upload a sample from your device.
- Click on the cloud service icons to import documents from Google Drive, OneDrive or Dropbox.
- Select Convert Now!.
- On the last page, click Download Now.
- If you need to manage your PDFs in a more convenient way than you manage them now, try pdfFiller.
Converting PDF to fax gives you an understanding of how your document will appear after sending it. It allows you to modify your sample, change its content, or make other edits to make sure its exactly how you want it.
Converting PDF to fax is available for free for anyone anywhere. AltoPDFtoFax works with just an internet connection. You don't need to leave your contact info; name, phone number, e-mail, or pay for the service.
Add AltoPDFtoFax to your Bookmarks and visit our website for managing any of your PDF file needs.
How to convert PDF to fax with Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat has extensive opportunities for managing PDFs and even the chance to send a PDF to fax machine if needed. You need to utilize the print function: File > Print and select your multifunctional device for sending faxes. This way seems convenient, but only at first glance. The technology used for sending faxes is much older than modern methods of transferring data. A big example of this is the fact that you can’t send large files, so if you want to send documents with images, graphics or tables, find an online converter.
It's impossible to convert PDF to fax with Acrobat, so you need to look for a service that can do it for you. With AltoPDFtoFax, you can get it done in a few clicks:
- Go to altopdftofax.com.
- Select Choose File and upload the document you need to convert.
- Hit the Convert Now button.
- Save the sample to your device by clicking Download Now or export it directly to the cloud.
- If you want to try a powerful online PDF editor for managing files in portable document format without a converter, try pdfFiller.
Please don't underestimate the importance of converting your documents from PDF to fax. AltoPDFtoFax is your online solution to getting your docs professionally sent via fax to any recipient anywhere in the world you’re connected to the internet.
How to convert PDF to fax on mobile
The fact is we aren’t always near our computers. Sometimes we’re out and about getting coffee, having lunch, in a taxi or on a plane. But just because we’re out of the office doesn’t mean we still don’t have work to do. With AltoPDFtoFax, you can convert PDF to fax on mobile. If you don't want to install any additional software on your iOS or Android device, it's a perfect solution.
To convert PDF to fax, pay attention to the following simple steps:
- Open your browser and go to altopdftofax.com.
- By clicking Choose File, find the document on your device and upload it.
- Click the Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive icons to import the sample from the cloud.
- Tap Convert Now! to start the conversion.
- Export the file how you prefer: add it to the cloud or download it to your device by clicking Download Now.
This is a fast, convenient, and secure way to convert PDF to fax when you don't have a computer at hand. One of the main advantages of using AltoPDFtoFax is that you don't have to waste time on registering or subscribing. The service is free and doesn’t ask for your personal or payment information.
Guarantee that your PDF will look great after sending it via fax machine every time without the usually spent hassle.
How to convert PDF to fax on iOS
Converting PDF to fax with an iPhone or iPad is super fast and hassle-free if you take advantage of AltoPDFtoFax.Complete a few simple actions for processing your conversion of PDF to fax easier:
- Go to AppStore and find our Alto application by typing in AltoPDFtoFax.
- Install the app.
- Open the application and click Choose File to upload a file.
- Select Convert Now! to start the process. You will see the progress in a specialized bar under the document.
- Hit the Download Now button or export the file directly to the cloud by clicking on the cloud icons.
- If you need to make changes to your file in portable document format, consider using pdfFiller. It’s available on the last screen of the process.
The ability to start transforming documents is available right after downloading the app.
The process of converting PDF to fax on an iOS device is very similar to converting files on the web or with our Google Chrome extension. So if you don't want to install another app to your iPhone or iPad or only need to convert one document, you can transform the document online at altopdftofax.com. Get an unlimited number of conversions for free!
How to convert PDF to fax on Android
When you have to convert PDF to fax on Android, AltoPDFtoFax is exactly what you need. Our simple application allows you to transform any document in minutes. First of all, download it from the Play Store. Type 'Alto' in the search field and find the appropriate app.
Convert PDF to fax on Android in seconds:
- Open the app and click Choose File.
- Browse for your document on your device and upload it.
- Click Convert Now!, and wait until the process finishes.
- Download your file.
- If you want to export the sample directly to the cloud, click the cloud storage service icons to finish the process.
Fax is an old but still required technology that doesn't support 'heavy' graphics, so your recipient may receive just a part of the document you send them. The four simple steps above help you prepare documents and make sure that your file in portable document format looks good every time.
AltoPDFtoFax is a great tool for working with PDF to fax conversions on Android. Ir doesn't require any registration, leaving of e-mails, and is entirely free. Change your files’ format as many times as you need without paying a penny.
If you need to transform PDFs in other formats, you can find more Alto applications in The Play Store. They all are free and available to any Android user.
The ability to send PDF to fax has already existed on almost all operating systems for a long time now. The biggest difference today is it’s just more convenient. There are plenty of online services you can give a try without having to buy a modem or connect your computer to a phone line.